Cantonment Board Lucknow is entrusted with the responsibility of supplying wholesome water to all the residents of Cantonment area except to those for whom dedicated water supply from the MES exists. The Board maintains following infrastructure to cater the water supply requirements of public residing in Cantonment area Lucknow:
|Source of water supply||
Through Cantt Board Tubewells
No. of shallow tubewells with pump
No. of mini tubewells with 1HP
No. of Over Head Tank
|OHT No. 1 Capacity||900 KL|
|OHT No. 2 Capacity||1500 KL|
|India Mark II Hand pumps||90 Nos.|
|No. of water connections||2740 Nos.|
Water supply is managed by the Board with the help of its own officials and employees
Water supply through Over Head Tank
|Water supply through Direct supply||
RA Bazar, BC Bazar, RBI Bazar, LBI Bazar, Mall Avenue, Dilkusha staff qtrs
|Per Capita availability of water||
140 Liters per day
New Water Connection
Water connections are provided by the Board for domestic and commercial purposes in Cantt area Lucknow. The procedure for new water connection is as follows:
|Acceptance of application form for new water
connection with duly attached documents
|On any working day from 10:00 am to
|Acknowledgement of application||Within three working days from the
date of submission of application
|Intimation to the applicant in case of any
deficiency in his application form
|Site inspection||Within a day from acknowledgement
|Depositing prescribed fee alongwith road
cutting damage charges in Cantt fund
|By the applicant on any working day|
|Water connection||By Cantt Board authorized plumber
within three days from deposition of
prescribed fee and damage charges
by the applicant
NOTE: The applicant has to pay the charges for pipe, pipe fittings, labour charges etc required for new water connection in his premises.
Documents Required For New Water Connection
- Application for New water connection
- Agreement regarding new water connection on Non Judicial stamp paper of Rs 60/-
- Copy of receipt of last paid house tax bill
- Copy of address proof
- NOC from landlord in case of water connection applied by tenant.
- Undertaking of temporary water connection in case of application submitted by tenant.
Charges For New Water Connection
|Security Fee (refundable)||
|Road cutting Damage Fee||
As per actual site condition
Water tankers of capacity 5000 Liters are provided to the public for function purpose only and are used for Gardening purpose in Cantt area Lucknow.
No. of Water Tankers : 09 Nos.
Cost of Water Tanker
Within Cantt Limits
Telibagh, Udaiganj, Mall Avenue, Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, Neelmatha and Hussianganj
- Residents should not install mono block pump in their main water connection pipeline.
- Defective Bib Cocks, Taps etc should be replaced immediately to avoid wastage of water.
- When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run while rinsing. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
- Use sprinklers for large areas of grass. Water small patches by hand to avoid waste.
- When you save water, you save money on your utility bills too. Saving water is easy
- The wastage of water should be avoided at all costs. for everyone to do.
- Pay your water bills on time and regular basis.
- Spread awareness regarding water conservation and rain water harvesting.