Cantonment Act 1924 obligates Cantonment Board to provide basic health services to all the citizens residing within the Cantonment. For this purpose Cantonment Board has established a Cantonment General Hospital which is functioning for more than 90 years to cater to the health needs of residents of the Cantonment, employees of the Cantonment Board and nearby areas of the Cantonment where no medical facility of comparison exists. This Hospital provides medical facilities to all the Civilians as well as Defence Civilians with Army units consisting of a population round about 55000 of Lucknow Cantonment.
CGH is a 42 Bedded Hospital, providing non-dieted indoor facility mainly for maternity cases and the labor room is functional for normal deliveries conducted by Staff Nurses (trained birth attendants). Nominal charges are charged for the above facility.
- The hospital has a general OPD and Specialty OPDs which include -
- Dental OPD
- These facilities are available to the residents of Lucknow Cantonment as well as patients from outside Cantonment area.
- Minor day care procedures in ENT and Dental department are being carried out.
- Physiotherapy is available both in the Cantonment General Hospital and Neeta Memorial Poly Clinic.
- One Homeopathic Consultant also works at NMPC, R.A. Bazar along with two GDMO’s.
- Specialists including a pathologist work on Honorarium + Revenue sharing basis.
- The Diagnostic facilities include X-rays and Pathology (all basic test facilities including Biochemistry are done).
- Only normal deliveries are conducted in the indoor facility.
- The emergency cases are attended and given first aid treatment by the duty staff. Serious cases
beyond the scope of the hospital are referred to appropriate state level hospital after being
- Ambulance is available 24x7.
- The Board has approved engagement of a part time pediatrician and a GDMO as a necessary
measure to improve the functioning of the hospital and to take care of the children attending the
OPD in Cantt. General Hospital.
- Long term plans include establishment of maternity OT with complete OT staff with neonatal
ICU, subsequent to the engagement of Gynecologist, Anesthetist and Radiologist.
- Bio-medical waste is disposed off in a proper manner